Asana Basics for Business Owners
July 31, 2020
For business owners, there’s nothing worse than wasted time. Whether it’s talking about work (and getting nothing done) or spending an hour looking for information that should’ve taken you five minutes to find, that dreaded unproductive feeling is difficult to cope with.
It is frustrating to continually waste time and feel the mounting overwhelm of things left to do, but searching for information and talking about work that needs to be done breaks your stride. You can’t be “in the zone” when you have to stop work to discuss other projects with co-workers or sift through email chains looking for essential information.
In today’s world, eliminating tasks that take our focus away from what is most important is crucial. And as a business owner, you know productivity is one of your keys to success.
So, what can you do?
You can stop talking about work and you get things done with help from Asana. Asana is a project management tool designed to help teams work smarter, not harder. It bridges the gap between productivity and collaboration—and works for organizations of all shapes and sizes.
Asana Features We Can’t Live Without
Just when you think Asana has thought of everything that you need as a business owner, they have something new up their sleeve that makes life even sweeter. These are just a few of the remarkable features that we regularly use at Branding Bear.
- Projects. Planning a marketing campaign, event, fundraiser or whatever it is you do becomes that much easier with Asana’s project feature. Break down each step and assign it to the appropriate member of your team with all the details they need to get to work.
- Boards. Comparable to sticky notes, you can drag and drop tasks into the appropriate spot. Boards are excellent visual-aides for tracking progress, too.
- Timelines. As a deadline-driven company, we understand the value of clear timelines. Asana makes it easy to convey time-based expectations. Their timeline feature brings entire projects into view to see how specific tasks are dependent on others.
- Automation. Streamlining repeatable processes with Asana’s automation feature has saved us so much time and minimized errors. (You can request a free demo of this feature here.)
- Forms. Forms are another tool we frequently use at Branding Bear. Standard intake forms make it simple to gather all the information your team needs to get started and keep it stored in one place.
- Integrations. Asana integrates with over 100 other platforms, including Gmail, GSuite, Adobe Cloud, Dropbox, Slack (Branding Bear’s favorite software for collaboration) and so much more—which makes working on any project from anywhere that much easier.
Asana’s newly-released feature (and one we are excited to dig into) is OKR Goal Tracking, which allows companies to align their teams around goals and objectives. This fantastic feature will change the way many companies track their efficacy and, ultimately, will enable you to monitor, evaluate and pivot your goals along with changes in the world.
Asana Certified Pro—At Your Service
If you are ready to put an end to work about work and make success sustainable for your business, Asana is for you and Branding Bear is here to help! CEO and Asana Certified Professional, Jacque McHugh, will ensure your team is set up for success from the start allowing you to see even quicker results.
Plus—new and upgrading Asana customers are welcome to enjoy 10% off for annual plans by signing up here with coupon code jacquemchugh6289.
August 13, 2020
Humans rarely behave in easy-to-understand, straightforward ways. We are passionate, complicated beings with flaws and contradictions. We are oddly expressive, emotionally-driven and undeniably unique in how we perceive the world around us. From a business perspective, attempting to understand human behavior may seem impossible,but marketers have a responsibility to do just that. To dive deep […]
August 6, 2020
There’s a simple truth in life that you can’t be everything to everyone. For many of us with that burning desire to make a difference—that is a hard truth to swallow. We want to believe that we can help everyone, not just a handful. Maybe you started your business with the humble goal of enriching […]
August 4, 2020
Billions of conversations are happening right now on Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms. Around the clock and all over the world, people share what they love (and what they don’t) and discuss their problems, in hopes of discovering solutions, on social media. That’s where social listening comes in. As a business owner, knowing […]
July 31, 2020
For business owners, there’s nothing worse than wasted time. Whether it’s talking about work (and getting nothing done) or spending an hour looking for information that should’ve taken you five minutes to find, that dreaded unproductive feeling is difficult to cope with. It is frustrating to continually waste time and feel the mounting overwhelm of […]
July 28, 2020
Welcome to the final post in our four-part blog series titled Moving Forward Mindfully. We are sharing our best advice for picking your business up, dusting yourself off and moving forward with intention. At Branding Bear, we are looking ahead to a new day filled with hope and compassion for ourselves and one another. We […]
July 26, 2020
Welcome to the third post in our four-part blog series titled Moving Forward Mindfully. We are sharing our best advice for picking your business up, dusting yourself off and moving forward with intention. At Branding Bear, we are looking ahead to a new day filled with hope and compassion for ourselves and one another. We […]